Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hi, my name is kennhyn

Yesterday I have a good chat with a friend about this project, then he ask me what is the core of all this, why I want to do all this. Then I start to explain how this project all came to hand and in mind. The soul for this project is to help create more harmonious place to stay in. Create a friendlier neighbourhood to stay in.

So he give me some pointer, and we chat on the stuff I try in like, if you see your neighbour in the morning, if you say Hi, he will reply, or u said morning he will acknowledge and reply. This is how your strike a conversation with your neighbour in apartment. He came to a conclusion that a name to be known by the stranger is important, because after an introduction, both you and your neighbour is no more a stranger. How easy is that? It is not that hard.



So I come out with this, around the world people being doing this as guerilla advertising or just to promote their own work. So I copy this idea and put in the text, "Hi, My name is _____. I stay here." So if people walk by your place, and look at the bubble, and know your name, next time in the morning, they greet you with "hi kennhyn" or "morning kennhyn" Ok maybe my name is a bit hard to pronounce....haha. This bubble is a sticker, and will be distribute to the whole apartment block, and at the back more detail on this experiment is explain. Of course is not easy to ask people to put their name on the sticker. That why I have to set up website, to create this awareness that our society is getting more and more self center. A more friendly approach should be promoted, this is what project sofa is all about. The website also show or teach how easy a simple greeting can promote a healthier neighbourhood.



This is the example of how the sticker can be stick on the front door on an apartment of condominium. I still haven't start the project yet, as I still preparing to create the website.

1 comment:

Charows said...

Hey that's a good idea. But how are you going to convince them to paste their name on the door. Some might not want to have their identity revealed?

This is just a random question, maybe you would like to ponder around that question :D