Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day

Yesterday 22 April is the earth day, people around the world celebrating by planting tree and recycle campaign is being held. While the olympic torch is still burning...haha



Yesterday before I sleep, I still thinking what can I do to help environment, I was very keen to build a clean environment place where people can stay without using much air conditioning, much water, much light.....then I saw this article while I browse through the paper.



So this morning I check out their website http://smartandcoolhomes.com and I found out a lot of cool idea they have on reducing the heat in the house from 6-8 degree celsius. That is very impressive. This is one of the benefit they can offer....is kind of make sense...haha

Benefits of owning or building with Smart and Cool Homes

To the House buyer
1. The house is of higher quality
2. The house is cooler and more energy efficient
3. The house is built with an environmental friendly method, contributing to the efforts of sustainable development
4. The house can generate its own electricity
5. The house is value-for-money

To the Developer & Builder
1. Less labour is needed
2. Houses can be built faster
3. Less downtime
4. Will be able to deliver houses of higher quality and standard

To the Nation
1. With less foreign labour, there will be less outflow of currency from the country
2. A reduction in illegal workers
3. The quality and standard of houses will be higher

To the World
1. Sustainable development in habitat creation is achieved
2. Contributes to saving the environment
3. Less pollution of the earth, and reduction in landfilling

Maybe when my church new building, maybe I can propose to use this contractor. Seems good on every corner.

No comments: