Friday, August 3, 2007

Durian Fiesta

I know this is abit late, as durian season is over. This is the first time I go to the farm and eat durian, is one of the best durian eating experience I had. Truly is one of the best. The farm is situated in Balik Pulau in Penang. I don't really know where is it, because my brother bring me there. But I sure hope to go there and eat every year.

They offer some of the best durian Penang famous for like, AngHair (red prawn-not idea y they call that), Hor Lor, Ang Bak (red meat) and favourite XO. But too bad, when we went there is end of season already, so no more XO, but we do enjoy all the rest of the food including the Cempedek (or someone people call it asian grapes).

Here are some photo for you to enjoy.

Check out how they still use tradition method to cook, maybe they are cooking durian cake


waiting for the durian to be serve


The uncle keep open the durian to field the table.


Yea let's makan, the one on the right, that's my mum.


Again, let's makan....

Sorry don't have much picture as I was busy eating durians, and most of the time my hand is full with creamy durian. But it's a nice way to eat durian, as the owner still go to the farm and pick those freshly drop durians. By the way, we ate alot of durian, maybe around 15-20 durian....for only RM70, normally this will cost a bomb if I eat at the KL road side. One satisfiying durian fest.

No comments: